Name: Yusril Nurhidayat (Vice President for Internal Affairs)
We aim to respond to your queries within one month.
1. The personal information we collect
● Name and contact details (email, phone numbers and place of residence)
● Personal characteristics such as date of birth, nationality and self-identified gender
● Career-related information, such as university, degree programme and employer
2. How and why we obtain this personal information
All the personal information we have is provided directly by you, because:
You are a member of STEAR or applied to become one.
You registered to participate in one of STEAR’s events.
You indicated during event registrations that you wanted to receive future updates
You participated in a STEAR event as a moderator/speaker.
You submitted written work to STEAR for publication.
You signed up for our newsletter.
You are part of a partner organisation of STEAR.
Most often, this means you provided us with personal information via a Google form, email or STEAR’s website. At some events, pictures or screenshots will be taken for use on our social media. By participating in our events, you consent to this. You are, however, allowed to revoke your consent at any moment by contacting us. We will then remove any pictures we have of you from social media, or ensure you are unidentifiable.
Sometimes we organise events or projects with partner organisations, in which case we may need to share personal details with them for the sake of running that event or project. If you participate in such a collaborative event or project, you consent to this. You are, however, allowed to revoke your consent at any moment by contacting us.
Under the GDPR, the lawful bases we rely on for processing your personal data is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How and for how long we store personal information
Personal information is stored on STEAR’s Google drive, to which only STEAR members have access. For how long we store personal information depends:
● If you are a member of STEAR, we will retain the information until you leave STEAR, unless you give us permission to keep some of your personal data in our alumni database.
● If you participate in a STEAR event, we will retain the information until we have sent out the post-event evaluation survey, unless you indicated you want to receive STEAR updates.
● If you engage in STEAR for a certain project, we will retain the information until the project is over, unless you give us permission to keep some of your personal data in our alumni database.
● If you unsuccessfully applied to join STEAR, we will retain the information until the end of the recruitment cycle, unless you give us permission to keep your contact details to approach you for future recruitment cycles.
After the moments specified above, we will delete your personal information, unless you explicitly give us permission to keep it. You are allowed at any time to revoke this permission.
4. Who can access your personal data
STEAR only stores your data in a Google Drive folder, to which both this privacy statement and Google’s privacy policies apply. The Google Drive is only accessible to current STEAR members. Former STEAR members will lose their access to the drive, and by extension to your personal data, as soon as they leave the organisation. STEAR will not share your data with third parties unless you explicitly authorise us to do so.
5. Your data protection rights
Your legal rights include:
● Receiving more information about how STEAR processes and uses your personal data.
● Getting insight into the personal data STEAR processes of you.
● Correcting the personal data STEAR processes of you if this is incorrect.
● Limiting the personal data STEAR processes about you.
● Objecting against the way STEAR processes your personal data.
● Altering or completely retracting your previously given permission for STEAR to
process your personal data.
● Exercising your right to be forgotten, in which case STEAR will delete all your
personal data within a month of sending the email.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please do note that exercising any of these rights may impede or altogether prevent your participation in STEAR’s activities.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
6. How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also file a complaint at the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’ (the Dutch Data Protection Authority) about the way STEAR processes your personal data.